Urban Robotics Inc. (UR) is an established engineering firm located in Portland, OR, specializing in aerial reconnaissance, computer vision, cluster computing, and robotics. We do rapid processing of massive datasets with scalable real time computer clusters. We're located along the Portland, Oregon waterfront with a team of talented, passionate, and motivated engineers. We are seeking a brilliant technical cohort to help us advance our product line.
Guaranteed to change monthly but always tailored to your capabilities with an eye for growth. Here are some needs that we would love for you to crank out as soon as you start.
- Create a test harness to validate imagery products from complex algorithms.
- Put together a cutting edge issue tracking system to replace our existing solution.
- Take ownership of all releases and ensure that validation occurs.
This Job May Be For You If...
- You're tired of working at computer companies that know nothing about computers.
- You enjoy working at a place where your work is appreciated and used.
- You automate anything that you have to do more than once.
- People are tired of hearing you say, "I won't believe it until I've tested it!"
- You believe caffeine may be a vitamin.
We strive to hire top quality candidates and are unable to compromise on only a few major points:
- Proven Track Record of Working in a Team
- Strong Character
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Able to get U.S. Security Clearance
Skills and Experience
You have a thorough understanding of mathematics, computer vision, and how to handle massive amounts of data. Convince us you have enough based on these general guidelines:
- 5+ Years Professional Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Worked within an Agile Development Environment
- Strong Communication both Written and Verbal
- Testing and Automation of/with C++ and Python
- Validation of Image Processing and Computer Vision Projects
- Setup a QA Team from Scratch
- Writing Test Plans and Procedures
- Bonus: Validation of Highly Distributed Systems
Compensation is based on experience and education (Please submit salary requests with resume and cover letter).
- Medical/Dental Insurance (w/Vision and Prescription)
- 401k with Automatic Company Contributions
- Paid Parking or Trimet Pass
- Fun and Fast Paced Environment
- Versatile Job Tasks
- Cutting Edge Technology
- Small and Agile Company
- Open Doors that are Really Open
- Mystery and Intrigue